First Posted: 1/30/2015
With a little bit of imagination and a paper plate, girls and boys can be princesses and princes with their very own Valentine’s Day fairy tale crowns. Follow the instructions below to make this fun but simple craft.
What you will need:
• A paper plate
• Safety scissors
• Red paint and brush
• Sweetheart message candies (or other items for decoration)
1. Paint or color both sides of the paper plate red (or whatever color you want), and allow it to dry.
2. Once dried, make a dot in the center of the plate on the bottom side and fold the plate in half with the bottom of the plate on the outside. Put the straight side closest to your body. The dot should be seen in the middle at the bottom.
3. Using safety scissors, with an adult’s help, cut two lines upward and outward to the rippled edge of the plate, starting from the center dot. The lines should be cut in a V shape, using the dot as the bottom point.
4. Open the plate and cut 2 more lines along the fold, still stopping at the rippled edge. The plate should have 6 triangle shaped tips. Fold each tip out so they stand up.
5. Use a dab of glue to decorate with sweetheart candies, confetti, stickers or other craft items.