First Posted: 1/21/2014
So you know when you’re in the car, listening to the radio, and it’s just a bunch of Katy Perry and Pitbull? I mean they’re both great, but let’s be real, no one knows what Pitbull’s even saying. My favorite moments are when a really great old song comes on, and I turn the volume all the way up and scream the lyrics. These are my personal top ten songs to hear instead of Today’s Top 40:
10. “Ice Ice Baby” by Vanilla Ice — One summer I memorized the whole first verse and was very proud of myself.
9. “SexyBack” by Justin Timberlake (Don’t tell my mom.)
8. “Viva La Vida” by Coldplay
7. “Somebody Told Me” by The Killers
6. “Thnks Fr Th Mmrs” by Fall Out Boy
5. “It’s Tricky” by Run DMC
4. “How I Feel” by Aretha Franklin
3. “Crazy in Love” by Queen B
2. “Crazy” by Gnarls Barkley
1. “It’s Raining Men” by The Weather Girls
And remember, there’s no shame in liking a song by someone who calls himself Vanilla Ice.