First Posted: 10/29/2014
What you will need:
• Two pipe cleaners, one yellow and one red
• A few feathers, any color
• Two google eyes
• An acorn
• A small pinecone
• A flat rock or small cutout of wood (optional)
1. Start by gluing the top of the acorn to one end of the pinecone. Toward the other end of the pinecone, glue a few different colored feathers to look like a turkey’s feathers.
2. Cut the yellow pipe cleaner in half and bend each piece to look like turkey’s feet. It’s better to keep them short. Glue them to the bottom of the pinecone, toward the front.
3. Once the acorn is dried on the front of the pinecone, glue one eye to each side.
4. Cut a small piece of the red pipe cleaner to the top of the acorn to look like a turkey’s wattle.
5. If you’d like to make a small stand for your turkey, a flat rock or small cutout of wood can be used.