First Posted: 9/12/2014
The Pennslyvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced several ongoing road work projects will continue this week, including:
- The Abington Regional Wastewater Authority will begin road work on Northern Boulevard and Shady Lane Road, Chinchilla Monday, Sept. 22, continuing for the next two to five weeks. There will be a single lane in both directions. Work will occur Monday through Friday around the clock.
- State Route 6 (Lackawanna Trail), from Dalton to the county line, has single lane closures for drainage, temporary paving and preparations for next construction season. Anticipated completion time is November.
- State Route 4019 (Edella Road), Clarks Summit, is closed over Leggett’s Creek and a detour is posted. Anticipated Completion date is Sept. 19.
- State Route 4026 (Grove Street), Clarks Summit, is undergoing work on ADA ramps and drivers should use caution when traveling through this area.
- State Route 7211 (Overbrook Road), La Plume, is closed for bridge replacement over Tunkhannock creek. Anticipated Completion is May, 2015.
- PennDOT also reminds drivers that schools are now open and to be aware of school buses and children attending classes.