As a parent of two sons, my main concern is keeping my children safe on Halloween. When we take them out for a fun night of “trick-or-treating,” we use the following tips that will help ensure they have a safe and enjoyable time. I would ask that everyone do the following:
• We go with a group of friends and make sure every child is accounted for after visiting a house.
• The kids do not enter houses of strangers.
• Do not eat unwrapped candy or fruit until thoroughly inspected by parents or guardians.
• The costumes kids wear always have a reflective tape or a vest that can make them easily seen by drivers.
• We always make sure that we look both ways before crossing the street.
• Stay in your neighborhood, where you know the neighbors.
• Stay in well-lit areas — Trick-or-treat at well-lit friendly Halloween houses.
• Last but not least, they do not wear masks while walking, as it could obstruct your vision.
Hope everyone has a happy and safe Halloween!