Got lots to be thankful for? Need a reminder to help you with a thankful attitude? Try this fun and simple Thanksgiving craft.
What you will need:
• Sheets of brown, red, orange and yellow construction paper
• A little piece of white paper (enough to make two eyes)
• Glue or tape
• A black marker
Before making your turkey, think about some things you are thankful for. I chose family, food, healthy bodies, church, and friends.
1. Start by cutting the brown sheet of paper in half. Roll it so the ends line up, making a cylinder shape, then glue or tape it together.
2. Using the other pieces of construction paper, make a feather for each of the things you are thankful for. Cut them out, then write one thankful thing on each feather.
3. Glue the feathers to the back of the brown paper where the seem is, keeping the words facing the seam.
4. Cut out two circles of white for the turkey’s eyes and use the black marker to make eyeballs. Cut a small triangle out of orange for the beak, and an “s” shape out of red for the wattle.
5. Glue the eyes, beak and wattle on the front side, which is opposite of the feathers.
Your Thankful Turkey should be able to stand and could be put on your Thanksgiving table, or someplace on display. Happy Thanksgiving!