Kids: Looking for a fun way to get in shape? You can make your own exercise cube with these easy steps.
What you will need:
• A piece of cardboard or poster board
• A black marker
• Construction paper
• Tape or glue
• A pencil
1. Start by using a pencil on a piece of cardboard or poster board to draw a cross shape, making one side longer than the others.
2. Cut out the cross and pencil six squares within it.
3. Fold on the penciled line and tape the ends in place.
4. Cut out six squares of construction paper to cover each side of the cube, writing an exercise on each square.
5. Tape or glue each square onto the cube.
When it’s finished, roll your cube like dice in a rolling game to see what exercise you will do. You can make it into a multi-player game by assigning a different number of points to each exercise. Take turns, adding up your points as you go along.
Jennifer Familetti is program coordinator at the Dalton Community Library. Reach the Abington Journal newsroom at 570-587-1148 or email@example.com.