How well do you know the streets where you live? The Abington Journal puts your powers of observation to the test with our “Pieces of the Abingtons” contest. Every other week, we’ll feature a photograph of a landmark, architectural structure or other local item in public view in the Abingtons. We’ll ask you to submit a guess as to where the photo was taken and what’s featured in the photo. Then we’ll enter each correct answer in a drawing for a $10 gift certificate from Lynn’s Hallmark in Clarks Summit. We’ll notify you if you win and we’ll print the winning contestant and answer in an upcoming edition of the Abington Journal with the next contest photo.
Answer # 216: The weather vane on top of the building on the corner of South State Street and Stone Avenue.
Winner # 216: John Marc Olevnik, of Waverly Twp.
“Pieces of the Abingtons” contest rules:
1. Identify the correct location of Photo #217, shown.
2. Submit your entry by Friday, March 18, 2016.
3. Entry must include the correct location and/or description of the “Pieces of the Abingtons” featured in the current week’s photo.
4. Entry should include your name, address, contact number (not for publication) and the correct answer. Entries should be sent to: The Abington Journal, 211 S. State St., Clarks Summit, PA 18411 or email@example.com
5. Contestants can only win once in a 90-day period.