Transport yourself to the beach with these reads, available at the Abington Community Library.
• What happens when a t-rex enjoys a day at the beach? Find out in “Sea Rex,” written and illustrated by Molly Idle.
• During a family trip to the beach, Matthew discovers what happens when his entry for the sand castle contest looks a little too realistic. Find out what happens in “The Sand Castle Contest,” written by Robert Munsch and illustrated by Michael Marchenko.
• Breathtaking photographs and poetry allow readers to go under the sea in “Curious Critters: Marine” by David FitzSimmons.
• Learn why the ocean is salty, how currents flow, and what the water cycle is in “Oceans: Underwater Worlds,” written by Laura Purdie Salas and illustrated by Jeff Yesh.
• Fans of graphic novels will enjoy “Beach Babe” from the Babymouse series by Jennifer and Matthew Holm. And, if you like mermaids and the Emily Windsnap series by Liz Kessler, try “Emily Windsnap and the Land of the Midnight Sun.”
• Martha goes to Cape Cod for the summer with her family and tries to forget about Olive. But thoughts of her and the secret they shared will not leave Martha’s mind. “Olive’s Ocean” by Kevin Henkes is a novel for older readers.
• Get busy with science experiments to help you understand ocean life in “Oceans For Every Kid: Easy Activities That Make Learning Science Fun” by Janice VanCleave. Make waves, discover how submarines rise, and map the surface of the ocean floor.