CLARKS GREEN — At its regular meeting Wednesday July 20, the council voted in favor of conditional use for an equestrian veterinary clinic looking to open at the former CVS building at 100 S. Abington Road. Although a name has not been officially announced for the business, the paperwork lists it as “Clarks Green Veterinary Clinic.”
The approval is being granted on the basis of five conditions:
• No exterior pens or exercise areas will be permitted on the grounds.
• The clinic will be limited to the treatment of equines.
• No animals may be boarded at the clinic; however, those recovering from surgery will be permitted to stay there during recovery.
• The animal waste must be removed from the premises daily.
• Evidence of a PennDOT highway occupancy permit for access to South Abington Road must be presented to the borough.
In addition, details regarding the signage and fence will need to be approved by the zoning officer.
In other business, Leah Rosenkrans, of Murphy, Dougherty and Co. gave a brief presentation on the borough’s annual audit, giving a clean report.
The next regular meeting is scheduled for 7 p.m. Aug. 17 at the borough building on North Abington Road. The August work session is cancelled.