With a little help from a parent or older sibling, younger children will have fun making these simple apple tree crafts to hang on the refrigerator or decorate their rooms.
What you will need:
• Green, brown and red construction paper
• One piece of your favorite color construction paper for a background
• A pencil
1. Starting with brown construction paper, draw and cut out a rectangular-shaped tree trunk about six inches long.
2. Cut a rounded, fluffy shape out of the green construction paper for the leaves of the tree.
3. Glue the tree trunk to the bottom of the leaves, then glue the tree to your background construction paper.
4. Use the red construction paper to make lots of red apples.
5. Glue the apples to the green leaves of the tree. Some of the kids at the library even used a crayon to make apple stems.