As a concerned parent, I would like to share some helpful hints to have a safe Halloween season:
1. Trick or treat in large groups of friends – take count of group members after every house, if not accompanied by an adult.
2. Do not go into strangers’ houses.
3. Do not eat unwrapped candy or fruit until thoroughly inspected by your parents or guardian.
4. Wear a reflective vest or reflective tape on your costume to be seen by drivers.
5. Look both ways before crossing the street.
6. Stay in your own neighborhood where you know your neighbors.
7. Stay in well lit areas – trick or treat at well-lit friendly Halloween houses.
8. Do not wear a mask that may obstruct your vision.
Thank you for listening and sharing. I wish all families a happy Halloween.