You are what you eat! Learn some new recipes and cook along with these reads from the Abington Community Library:
• “Alice Waters and the Trip to Delicious” written by Jacqueline Briggs Martin and illustrated by Hayelin Choi
Chef Alice Waters takes her friends on a tour of healthy eating in this colorful book.
• “Are You What You Eat?” by DK Publishing
Ever felt sleepy during school or wondered what a superfood is? Take the quizzes, read the facts and answer the questions to find out which foods keep your brain in top gear by boosting your energy.
• “Breakfast” by Victoria Parker
Many say it is the most important meal of the day. How do different breakfast foods stack up against each other? Find out in this informative read.
• “Chef Roy Choi and the Street Foot Remix” written by Jacqueline Briggs Martin and June Jo Lee and illustrated by Man One
Describes the popular street cook’s life, including working in his family’s restaurant as a child, figuring out what he wanted to do with his life, and his success with his food truck and restaurant.
• “Healthy Snacks, Healthy You” written by Sally Lee and illustrated by Gary Swift
This graphic novel presents the concept of MyPlate and examples of healthy snack choices.
• “Jack and the Hungry Giant Eat Right with MyPlate” written and illustrated by Loreen Leedy
In this colorful picture book, Jack goes up the beanstalk, where he is greeted by a kind giant who cooks him a nutritious meal.
• “See What We Eat” by Scot Ritchie
Nick, Yulee, Pedro, Sally and Martin go on an agricultural adventure to find out how food is grown and produced before it ends up on their plates.