The NEPA Miners, a minor league football team playing in the Regional American Football League (RAFL), and based in Scranton, shared their Top 10 events from 2012 and Top 10 events fans can await in 2013.
10. Miners score franchise record 84 points August 11 versus the Maryland Hawks.
9. The Miners first ever 5-0 start to begin the season.
8. Miners win both televised games on My Network Television defeating the Red City Outlaws 36-18 and a 17-14 thriller versus the Philadelphia Gators with a 4th and 1 goal line stand on the game's final play.
7. The Miners pay tribute to the late Willie Mims, making him the fifth member of the Miners Hall of Fame.
6. Miners partner up with JVW Inc. to introduce the Helmet Cam live during the Miners home opener.
5. Miners sign former NFL kicker Ken Parrish, who wore the helmet cam for the Miners. Parrish also kicked a 58 yard field goal during the All-Star Game.
4. Miners Cornerback David Castillo leads the league with 9 interceptions and signs a professional contract with the Lehigh Valley Steelhawks of the Professional Indoor Football League.
3. Miner team up with Perez Design Build and Remodel to introduce halftime field goal contest entering Miners fans for a chance to win a $25,000 Home Remodel.
2. Miners receiver Jared Manzer's All-Star season catches 22 footballs for 562 yards and10 touchdowns. Manzer played one game as emergency quarterback, rallying the Miners to a 29-26 come from behind victory versus the Frankfurt Chiefs. The Miners trailed 18-0 before Jared moved to Quarterback rushing for 148 yards with three touchdowns and throwing for another.
1. The signing of Head Coach Gary Haase who did a stellar job recruiting coaches and players with a team record nine wins and a playoff appearance.
10. A top recruit visits Scranton as a part of the 50 Shades of Miners event Jan. 18 at 5 p.m. at Kildare's in Scranton. Jumpin Jeff Walker from KRZ FM will be celebrity guest for the evening.
9. NEPA Miners Awards Banquet Feb. 22, details coming soon.
8. The Miners will announce their League Decision late January/early February.
7. The return of the NEPA Miners Girls Entertainment Team.
6. New uniforms and player signings, press conference to be announced.
5. First Tryout and Combine March 23 from 12:30 to 4 p.m. at the Riverfront Sports Complex in Scranton.
4. Could this be the year the Miners get their mascot?
3. New sponsors and promotions at NEPA Miners Home Games while they raise money and awareness for seven more charities.
2. The NEPA Miners quest for their first championship begins in June as Head Coach Gary Haase enters his second season with the Miners. Tickets on sale in January at www.nepaminers.com.
1. The groundbreaking of the Mine Shaft, a new sports complex being introduced to northeastern Pa. as the NEPA Miners are part of the Ultimate Sports Group at the Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs. The Miners will transition upon project completion from Scranton Memorial Stadium to the Ultimate Sports Complex.
Last year's stories, game webcasts, upcoming events and Miners game tickets can be found online at www.nepaminers.com.