Kids: Have some wizarding fun with your very own galaxy hat, designed by you!
What you will need:
• Two pieces of construction paper
• Chalk, markers and/or stickers
• Tape or a stapler
1. Start by cutting out two circles in two pieces of construction paper. One circle will be the brim of your hat, the other will be the tall point.
2. Using chalk, markers and/or stickers, decorate the circle chosen to be the tall point.
3. In that same part, cut a straight line to the center of the circle. Take each side of the circle and slide them together until it is cylinder-shaped. Use tape or a stapler to keep it together.
4. In the other circle (the brim), cut out a small inner circle that will fit around the bottom of the cylinder shape. This will become the brim of your hat.
5. Once it fits together, tape the brim around the tall point.
Jennifer Familetti is the program coordinator at the Dalton Community Library.