CLARKS SUMMIT — The Wellness Initiative for Senior Education (WISE) program celebrates healthy aging and educates older adults on a variety of topics. This free program will take place at 10 a.m. March 6 at The Gathering Place, 304 S. State St. It will continue for six Tuesdays and is open to anyone 60 or older.
The educational program offers six lessons that cover a wide range of topics. Participants will have an opportunity to meet new people and:
• Learn about the aging process and how to make healthy lifestyle choices
• Celebrate this exciting stage of life and all the benefits that come with it
• Discuss risk factors and behaviors older adults should avoid to stay healthy
• Examine how alcohol, prescription medications and over-the-counter medications affect seniors differently and how they can avoid problems
• Learn how to use simple tools to help them feel more empowered about their health and the healthcare they receive
Free refreshments will be served at each lesson, and all program participants will be eligible to receive gift certificates and other giveaways.