SCRANTON, Pa. – The Lackawanna College Allied Health Division will host Community Caregiver Day from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday, April 21 at the Occupational Therapy lab, located on the ground floor of Angeli Hall, 501 Vine St.
Family and informal caregivers play a multi-faceted role, requiring a range of support services to maintain a healthy lifestyle, improve their caregiving skills and remain effective in their caregiving role. This event will provide caregivers with valuable information and demonstrations on administering safe care to family members, answer questions and help create a balance between competing caregiving demands and daily life.
Light refreshments will be served.
To register, call Maggie Prudente, Lackawanna College Program Coordinator, Nurse Aide Training Program, at 570-961-7897. The deadline to register is April 13.
Topics and presentations include:
• Home Safety, Transfers, and Proper Use of Assistive Equipment
• Lackawanna College Physical Therapist Assistant Department
• Self-Care for the Caregiver
• Lackawanna College Occupational Therapy Assistant Department
• Cardiovascular Disease, Peripheral Vascular Disease, and Diabetes
• Lackawanna College Sonography Department
• Wound Care, Signs to Report, and Prevention
• Lackawanna College Surgical Technology Department
• Tips for Bathing, Dressing, Meals, and Observations to Report
• Lackawanna College Nurse Aide Department
• The Importance of Calling 911
• Lackawanna College Paramedic Department