NEWTON TWP. — The Rotary Club of the Abingtons is expecting large crowds for the 2018 Independence Day Fireworks Show at Abington Heights Middle School at nightfall July 3.
The show grounds at the school will open at 5 p.m. Admission to the show is free but drivers will be charged $5 per vehicle to park.
This year’s food vendors will offer a wide range of menu items, including local favorites, holiday staples, and the ethnic dishes that give Northeast Pennsylvania its one-of-a-kind flavor. Already lined up to serve the show’s guests are:
* FonDippety: Chocolate fondue
* The Food Cube: Gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches and tater tots
* Lou’s Concessions: Cheesesteaks, chicken cheesesteaks, chicken fries and nachos
* Manning’s Ice Cream: Scooped ice cream and shakes
* Southwest Savory Food Truck
* Sweet Lush Cupcakery: Bakery items, including holiday cupcakes and its signature holiday “rocket pop cupcake”
* Tony Thomas Catering LLC: French fries, sausage and peppers, chicken fingers, corn on the cob, root beer and root beer floats
* Webby’s Concessions: Soft pretzels, funnels cakes and fried Oreos
* Yogi’s Ethnic Foods: Potato pancakes, halushki, pierogis and fresh-squeezed lemonade
The Rotary Club expects additional food vendors to reserve spots at the show as the event approaches.
Children’s games and amusements will be presented by Otto’s Rides, LuLaRoe with Katie Lane will present a line of summer fashions, and Ally’s Balloon Twist Artist will thrill young guests with inflatable creations. The Rotary Club of the Abingtons will sell light ropes and other holiday souvenirs.
For the first time in the show’s nearly 30-year history, an ATM will be available to guests. Look for the machine near the Rotary stand next to the middle school.
South Abington Township police are reminding show-goers that parking will be prohibited on Newton-Ransom Boulevard and other roads in the vicinity of the show.
Show guests who do not park in the Rotary parking areas are welcome to support the show by making a donation with the Rotary parking attendants or by sending a donation to the Rotary Club of the Abingtons at PO Box 392, Clarks Summit, PA 18411.