SCRANTON — Officials at Lackawanna Heritage Valley National and State Heritage Area (LHV) announced the start of another round of partnership grants.
The deadline to submit an application is noon Friday, Sept. 7. LHV will award grants up to $2,500 to qualifying organizations. Priority will be given to new projects or continuing projects that have not previously been funded by LHV. Organizations are asked to limit funding requests to one project per grant round. Funded projects must be completed by Sept. 1, 2019.
To be eligible:
• Applicants must fall into one of the following categories: non-profit organization, civic organization, municipal or county governmental agency, educational institution (includes public schools, colleges, and universities), heritage partner
• Applicants must have a tax-exempt status and a DUNS reporting number
• Applicants must be located within the Lackawanna Heritage Valley, or they must propose projects that will benefit LHV’s service area in the Lackawanna Heritage Valley.
Eligible projects include those designed in keeping with LHV’s mission “to facilitate community action in the preservation, promotion and development of the region’s history, cultural heritage, and natural resources.”
Past projects funded through this program include:
• Exhibits, interpretive displays and panels, trail signage, video and audio displays, on-site interactive media and digital products;
• Public programming, films, activities, events, and outreach activities;
• Program materials, including training materials for docents at historic sites, publications, including brochures or guidebooks, interpretive driving or walking trails and tours, and/or annotated itineraries;
• Preservation and adaptive reuse of historic structures, i.e. “bricks-and-mortar” work;
• Cultural conservation activities including oral history projects, conservation of traditional folkways, and artifact identification and preservation; and
• Feasibility or planning studies, management action plans, and special purpose studies.
For complete program guidelines and grant applications, visit www.lhva.org/grants or call 570-963-6730, extension 8200.